The Chief of Police, and such other personnel as he may deem appropriate, shall evaluate all candidates for employment based on the following:
- Qualified candidates may take a written test (if applicable)
- Those qualified candidates will then be subjected to a physical fitness test. A score of 70% (final average) must be achieved in order to proceed to the next phase.
- The qualifying candidates will be interviewed and a score attained. The combined scores for the interview and the physical fitness will be averaged. A combined score of 70% or higher will be required for consideration of employment.
- A thorough and comprehensive review of the background information recorded on the employment application to insure eligibility/compliance with the basic qualification standards.
- A psychological exam by a department approved psychiatrist.
- In the event that the number of qualified and acceptable candidates exceeds the number of openings, the Chief of Police may elect to conduct additional interviews with the most desirable candidates prior to the final selection.
Minimum Qualifications needed to apply for full-time police positions:
1. Must possess a New Jersey PTC certification as a full time New Jersey Police Officer or New Jersey Class II Police Officer
2. Applicants must be 18 to 35 years of age
3. High school graduates (or equivalent)
4. U.S. citizen
5. New Jersey resident
6. able to perform all the duties and responsibilities of a police officer
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive starting salary.
- Health insurance benefit.
- Vacation benefit.
- Sick leave.
- Retirement package.
- Life insurance.
- Prescription plan.
- Dental coverage.
- Vision care plan.