The mission of the Avalon Police Department is to maintain security and safety of all persons and property within the Borough of Avalon.
It is crucial that all members understand and support the organization’s mission. Our mission is our legitimate basis for existence and the basis of our professional ethics, goals, objectives, rules, regulations, operating policies, procedures, and practices.
Mission is functionally defined by the power established by legislated authority and the demands for service from our public. It is the direct and ultimate responsibility of the administrative head of the Police Department to interpret public demands and, with budget resources, provide for the best possible delivery of our service.
The nature of public safety is varied. Examples include but are not limited to: equal, equitable, and fair enforcement of laws; responding to calls for non-enforcement services; active patrol; security and protection of prisoners; public relations contacts; and the personal demeanor, conduct, and image of our personel, on-duty as well as off-duty. These services, and the perception we create while engaging in these services, are functionally defined, made real and ultimately judged by the nature of activities we engage in as well as how we appear while engaged in such activities. In summary, our mission is to deliver a service as well as a perception of service, i.e., a feeling of safety and security.
Our mission is a contract with our citizens as well as an affirmation of their trust. A contract that each employee is charged with the responsibility to protect and promote.
- Avalon Police Department Seeking Dispatchers
- Avalon Police Request for Public Records Form
- Avalon Police Charge Berwyn, PA Man With DUI, Other Offenses
- Need a Background Check? Click Here for Information
- Notice of Protocol for Non-Police Criminal History Checks
- Avalon Police Department Adds Three New Officers
- Avalon Police Promote Christopher, McNair at January 29th Council Meeting
- Avalon Police Investigate Body Found on Beach New Year’s Day
- Avalon Police Promote Heisman to Patrol Sergeant
- Avalon Police To Hold “Operation Take Back” On October 26th